What can people do to prepare if they do not have a medical background? Find someone who does! Try to make connections with people in the medical field now while there is still time. Go learn as much as you can about how to take care of each other.
The level of knowledge needed to treat other humans in crisis is quite astounding! Yet, in a collapse situation, there won’t be much choice as to how much training your present “caretaker” will have.
In our present modern society, it’s one of the things that frustrates good Doctors everywhere, the fact we see lesser informed “providers” all around us, treating patients so cavalierly and wrongly! We literally have to “clean up their mistakes” (which can be fatal at worst!) and see the bad results of these “wrong treatment” situations right here in our emergency room!
This is one of the reasons many doctors who are aware of the coming collapse wish to provide for laypersons the skills and knowledge of how to care for others, using properly taught medical care and skills. At least whatever we can teach others, will be a jump ahead if the world does collapse. However, due to our licenses and necessary alignments with today’s government, along with its’ regulators who will take away medical licenses if we speak out on issues like this today, literally, providing training and information is something doctors can’t speak out about it!
The point is, you should be able to learn as much as possible now about how to care for each other if a time comes when there is no Doctor around to provide the best care.
- Take an EMT class from a community college.
- Acquire basic medical books as listed here.
- Take a wilderness first aid and wilderness first responder course. These are available at REI and other locations.
- Research the chronic illnesses and diseases your own family suffer from and begin acquiring the medicines and equipment for treatment, if possible.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- The WaterBrick: One of the Most Useful, Versatile Survival Tools, Probably Ever - May 19, 2018
- Wild Violets: 10 ways to put them to use - May 4, 2018
- The Thrive Life Chef Pack — a Survival Mom review - April 18, 2018
- The Top 10 Foods to NOT Store! - April 4, 2018
- Top 10 Food Storage Myths - April 2, 2018