I thought I was getting a good deal. Dozens of seed packets for less than $40, all non-hybrid. I’d be able to grow acres of produce. My family would never go hungry!
All seemed well and good until I took a closer look at the varieties I’d received. Living smack in the middle of the Arizona desert, I quickly noticed that many of these plants would never live through one of our summers. They need more humidity, more water
and way less heat.
My Latest Videos
If you’ve been taking a look at one of these so-called Survival Seed Banks, ask yourself:
1. Are the varieties of seeds compatible with my climate zone and growing season?
2. Assuming that everything grows and produces, will my family eat what is harvested?
3. Am I better off creating my own customized seed bank by buying individual packets?
4. Will the selection of seeds allow me to plant over multiple seasons?
Like a pre-packaged, “One-Year Food Supply!”, a survival seed bank has its place. Just think and analyze before you buy!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child - January 14, 2019
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year! - January 7, 2019
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit - January 5, 2019
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2019
- Get week-by-week prepping help with my 2019 calendar! - November 26, 2018