In the first chapter of my book, I talk about identifying why you are preparing. From the book
Here are a few possible disasters to consider. Which ones are most likely to affect you?
- Natural disasters—Mother Nature at her worst: wildfires, floods,
earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, and more
- Extreme weather—“Storm of the Century,” ice storms, drought,
intense heat waves, blizzards
- Personal disasters—loss of job, decreased work hours, illness
or injury affecting the ability to work, your mother-in-law
- Nuclear events—including, but not limited to, an electromagnetic
pulse (EMP), suitcase bombs, and actual mushroom clouds
- Terrorist attacks—these could happen anywhere, anytime, although I
have to admit that terrorists seem to favor New York City
- Social unrest—riots, strikes, large-scale and violent protests
- Increased crime rate—home invasions, car-jackings, burglaries
- Economic collapse—the devaluation of the dollar, bank closures,
hyperinflation, a significant stock market crash
- Biological catastrophes—epidemics or pandemics, biological
- Utter and complete collapse of civilization—it’s happened before,
and it can happen again
This is all very good advice, of course, but many of you are prepping, “just because.” Maybe you’ve just had, “a really bad feeling about stuff.” Or, if you’re a spiritual person, you believe that you’ve “been led” to prepare.
My Latest Videos
It could be just a gut feeling, an instinct, your intuition, but whatever it is, you can’t quite put your finger on why you’re preparing.
Well, guess what?
That’s okay. I am a strong believer in the accuracy of those vague warnings. In fact, I’ve taught my kids to trust their instincts if/when something ever just doesn’t feel right.
In this video I go into more detail about being okay with vague feelings of uneasiness when it comes to preparing and survival.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child - January 14, 2019
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year! - January 7, 2019
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit - January 5, 2019
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2019
- Get week-by-week prepping help with my 2019 calendar! - November 26, 2018