I’m sure we’ve all read the lists that include ammo, toilet paper, and heirloom seeds as potential barter goods. While those things are all good, as Moms we know there are a lot of other things we need that. If we’re honest about it, our husbands (1) couldn’t name those necessities, (2) have no idea where to buy them, and (3) probably can’t find them in the house if they even (4) are aware that product is actually used. These are the must-haves that come to mind when I think of a mom’s bartering wish list.
- Flushable toilet wipes (for potty training, but I’d use them camping too since they’re very biodegradable)
- Outgrown snowsuits and winter boots
- Kid-specific comfort items like Kool Aid
- HE-specific laundry detergent, which can be hard to find even without a SHTF scenario
- Homeschooling supplies
- Child-size gardening and work gloves, and child size tools, which are plentiful and cheap right now.
- Baby wipes – they aren’t just for butts.
- Avon Skin-So-Soft (Have you seen the list of things it can do? It almost rivals baking soda and vinegar.)
- Handkerchiefs (for when the boxes of Kleenex are gone)
What great potential barter items can you think of that aren’t on most lists?
Latest posts by Bethanne Kim (see all)
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad - December 23, 2019
- Leftover Turkey Recipes That Don’t Suck - November 23, 2019
- 9 Great Ideas to Improve Family Gatherings - November 19, 2019
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: JoAnn Fabrics & Crafts - October 13, 2018
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: National Parks & Historic Sites - October 8, 2018