Last year in January I posted this article on a 52 week savings plan. I want to encourage all of you to try it again this year!
Even though it’s not January, don’t panic! It’s not too late to start! According to the plan, by the last week of January, all you needed to have saved was $15. Add $7 more for the first week of February, and you’re completely caught up until the end of this week when you’ll want to put $8 more aside. If you stick with it, you’ll have $45 saved by the last Saturday of the month and you’ll be off to a great start. After completing the full plan, you’ll have a nice pile of cash ($1378 in all) ready for anything from car emergencies to a small vacation!
Don’t worry if you’ve never done much saving before. As I wrote about previously here, you aren’t alone. However, that doesn’t change the importance of saving money. The 52 week savings plan is a great way to get started on saving even if you have very little experience.
So how ’bout it? Will you commit to setting aside some money every week for the next year? Have you ever done this plan or a similar plan in the past? Join the discussion at the SurvivalMom forum!
Download this cool savings chart here.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Eating on the Road, a Family Road Trip Survival Plan - June 9, 2021
- The Thrive Life Chef Pack — a Survival Mom review - May 5, 2021
- How to Use Instant Black Beans - April 17, 2021
- 8 Tips For Placing Your First Survival Food Order - February 19, 2021
- 26 Ways to Stay Warm Without Electricity - February 16, 2021