Can you name one thing that is truly easier than it looks? Skiing looked effortless until I tried it myself, and it’s just as well that my ice skating days are in the distant past.
Want to know something is really is as easy as it looks and sounds? Prepping! Can you buy four extra cans of kidney beans the next time you’re at the store? Could you set aside an extra $50 this month? Preparedness is just a matter of deciding to do it, and then taking small, frequent steps.
Here are five simple steps that anyone can take to prepare for emergencies or tough economic times.
- Save every dime you possibly can. Even $10 saved on a regular basis will add up quickly. Suze Orman is advising people to save first, and then pay off debt. You can read her advice here.
- Pay off debt. I know what Suze Orman says, but as long as you’re in debt, you’re a slave to someone. If all you can do is make minimal payments, at least your credit score won’t suffer too much.
- Set a food storage goal of 3 months. Here’s a simple step. List five different breakfasts, lunches, and dinners your family enjoys. Next, list the ingredients for each meal, and then work toward stocking up on three months worth of each ingredient. Check my blog categories for lots of additional tips.
- Learn a form of self-defense. I chose to become proficient at using a firearm. I hope I never have to use it, but it’s good to know that I can.
- De-clutter. What do you actually need? What is most useful? It’s easier to keep a neat house and easier to evacuate if your living space is uncluttered.
When money is an issue, I mean a real issue, as in you have ZERO money, Ryan over at Total Survivalist Libertarian Rantfest has listed at least a dozen ways to prep on an empty wallet.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019