Guess what’s more difficult than:
- storing 6 months worth of food?
- becoming proficient with a handgun?
- learning how to can food?
- piecing together a quilt by hand?
- killing a moose with your bare hands?
The answer? Losing weight!
That’s right! Out of all the bits of knowledge, the plethora of skills, and the survival supplies that you should be stocking, losing weight is by far the hardest task!
Over on Facebook we just started a support group for anyone who realizes that getting in shape is a part of preparedness. “Skinny Survival Moms (and others!)” just started this week and already there are over 80 members.
I’ve spent the better part of this year losing almost 50 pounds and wish I would have had this group back in January!
Some of us are reading Suddenly Skinny by Freya Taylor and posting our thoughts. Others are asking about different eating and fitness plans, and we’re just getting started!
If you want to group together with other survival and preparedness (mostly) women who have similar diet and fitness goals, join us! We’d love to have you! There are no weigh-ins, unless you care to report progress, and no pressure. You can follow whatever eating plan you like and if your goal is more physical fitness than weight loss, you’ll fit in just fine!
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.© Copyright 2012 The Survival Mom, All rights Reserved. Written For: The Survival Mom
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- When Things Go South or What to Expect When SHTF - July 29, 2015
- An Important Update On the Current Silver Market - July 27, 2015
- 6 Essential Attributes of Successful Survivalists - July 19, 2015
- Survive the Family Road Trip With These 13 Tips - July 17, 2015
- July Skill of the Month: Boost Your Canning Skills - July 11, 2015