Guess what’s more difficult than:
- storing 6 months worth of food?
- becoming proficient with a handgun?
- learning how to can food?
- piecing together a quilt by hand?
- killing a moose with your bare hands?
The answer? Losing weight!
That’s right! Out of all the bits of knowledge, the plethora of skills, and the survival supplies that you should be stocking, losing weight is by far the hardest task!
Over on Facebook we just started a support group for anyone who realizes that getting in shape is a part of preparedness. “Skinny Survival Moms (and others!)” just started this week and already there are over 80 members.
I’ve spent the better part of this year losing almost 50 pounds and wish I would have had this group back in January!
Some of us are reading Suddenly Skinny by Freya Taylor and posting our thoughts. Others are asking about different eating and fitness plans, and we’re just getting started!
If you want to group together with other survival and preparedness (mostly) women who have similar diet and fitness goals, join us! We’d love to have you! There are no weigh-ins, unless you care to report progress, and no pressure. You can follow whatever eating plan you like and if your goal is more physical fitness than weight loss, you’ll fit in just fine!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 15 Survival Adventures Every Prepper Should Read - March 15, 2017
- Cold Weather Survival: Survive in a Stranded Car - February 22, 2017
- Do You Know How to Clean Up a Biological Mess? - February 6, 2017
- Top 10 Food Storage Myths - January 31, 2017
- Back to Basics Bundle: 70 Ebooks, Online Courses, and More! - January 17, 2017