The second layer of food storage is made up of individual ingredients, often purchased in bulk. By far, this layer is the most versatile and has the longest shelf life. With a wide array of grains, seasonings, vegetables, fruits, and different forms of protein, you can create hundreds of satisfying and nutritious recipes.
In this video I provide several do’s and don’ts for storing ingredients, tips for getting started, basic information about buying wheat, and suggestions for where you can buy larger quantities.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Sometimes You Just Need a Great Prepper Gift! - May 26, 2017
- Get 2 Survival Mom books for less than $4! - May 24, 2017
- 4 Top Survival Skills You Must Teach Your Kids - May 23, 2017
- Why The Instant Pot Can Make Your World A Better Place - May 20, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About MREs, and Then Some - May 13, 2017