This tip was submitted by Julie in last year’s list contest. Thanks, Julie!
Some of my favorite and most precious treasures are not things I want to permanently store in a Bug Out Bag or evacuation bag, so I keep a list of things to grab if we ever need to leave in the car and don’t know if we’ll get to come back.
I know space will be at a premium, and that in that critical moment my brain will not be focused on sentimental things. However, later they’ll mean the world to me.
Here’s my own list. What would you put on yours?
- Granddad’s pocket watch and cuff links
- My dad’s painting (out of the frame and rolled up of course)
- My sister in law’s drawing (same as above- keep a tube handy to drop them into)
- Special photo albums (preselected, of course)
- Important books (just a few)
- Each kid’s favorite stuffed animal to sleep with
- Each kid’s own box of memorabilia
- My own box of things I want to always keep
- Mom’s quilt (will double nicely as an extra blanket)
- My recipe box
- My pocket Bible
Making this list caused me to think about the most important people in my life and what items hold special memories.
If you make a list before an emergency evacuation, you’ll have those treasures with you, always.
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Do You Know How to Clean Up a Biological Mess? - February 6, 2017
- Top 10 Food Storage Myths - January 31, 2017
- Back to Basics Bundle: 70 Ebooks, Online Courses, and More! - January 17, 2017
- Surviving Iceland: My #1 Survival Concern - January 16, 2017
- 7 Things To Do Right Now To Get Ready For a Fabulous Summer Garden - January 15, 2017