In a recent conversation with my 70-something year old Dad, he commented that he had purchased oil drip pans for their food storage. He explained these were the type of drip pans, or trays, used to catch dripping oil from underneath a vehicle.
Intrigued, I asked him to explain how on earth these trays helped with food storage. Well, it turns out that their new home has very little storage space. Since neither he nor my Mom fancy trying to fish loose, individual containers of food from under their bed, they’ve placed their stored items on these trays and then just slide them under for storage and back out again when they want to use the food.
You can get these trays in varying sizes and could place them in horizontal rows under a bed on each side for easiest access. Also, you could organize the items on each tray so you wouldn’t spend time on your hands and knees locating what you need.
Hope this tip helps you maximize the empty space under beds!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Where There Is No School: How to continue your child’s education post-disaster–GIVEAWAY! - September 20, 2017
- The #1 Item Every Bug Out Bag Should Contain — But Probably Doesn’t - September 15, 2017
- 7 Delicious Things To Do With Cherries - September 11, 2017
- 11 Last Minute, Last Ditch Evacuation Locations - September 9, 2017
- 20 Slightly Unusual Items for Stocking Up - September 8, 2017