This tip was shared with me by a Facebook fan. I liked it so much that I’m including it here, with a few changes to protect her privacy.
“I thought I would share with you an idea that my family and close friends have had in place a number of years. We call it the “One word communication network”. Here’s the idea: What if you only had time to say one important word to your family, and it had to get that message to them quickly before communications were lost, for whatever reason?
If that word is given, my family and any close friends that receive it, whether by phone call, text, or in any other way, that one word would tell them to act immediately. This one word is only to be used in the most extreme emergency situation.
Our special word is, “jellyfish”. It runs on the same simple lines as if someone shouted, “Fire! You would jump into action immediately. I recommend choosing a word that wouldn’t ordinarily be a part of your conversation. Since we live in the desert, we would rarely have an occasion to discuss jellyfish!
Since texting has become a big thing with cellphones, we also have saved the text word, “jellyfish” into our phones. We pray that we will never have to act upon this One Word code message, but at least we have a plan and a signal in place.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Here’s the Skinny On Saving Seeds - August 15, 2017
- Getting Started With Solar Cooking - August 7, 2017
- 3 Simple Tips to Help Kids Stay Cool in Back-to-School Weather - July 31, 2017
- Hot Enough For Ya? 17 Tips For Staying Cool When It’s Hotter Than Hell Outside - July 29, 2017
- My Story: Improving My Vision to Improve My Survival Odds - July 25, 2017