Tonight we celebrated my sister’s birthday on a patio decorated with strings of lights. I commented to my husband, “I want strings of outdoor lights powered by solar.”
So, I tracked down string lights that are solar powered. They’ll provide outdoor lighting over a large area, such as a patio or a portion of a backyard. Sometimes you need larger spotlights or floodlights, but to illuminate a large area, these string lights will do the trick.
I’ve also seen string lights brought indoors and placed in large jars to serve as lanterns.
More and more, I’ve been adding to my stash of solar powered gadgets as well as small solar panels. In case of power outages, they’ll come in handy, and if we ever experience an EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) or CME (coronal mass ejection), at least we’ll be able to have a few electronics, lights, and communication devices.
Always start with the simple, and for me, buying a couple of strands of solar string lights to be prepared for power outages is a great first step.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 20 All-Natural Recipes For the Cold & Flu Season - December 8, 2017
- Prepper to Prepper: Why did you begin prepping? - December 6, 2017
- Skill-Based Gift Ideas to Suit Every Survival Kid - November 29, 2017
- 2017 Survival Mom Gift Guide - November 26, 2017
- Battle of the Mini Survival Kits: Which one is best? - November 22, 2017