The photos from the horrific Joplin tornadoes were bad enough, but in some of them, I saw families digging through rubble with their bare hands. Now, I don’t know about you, but even a single splinter will ruin my day. Another must-have for your emergency kits are heavy duty gloves, more than one pair. If you keep a pair or two in each vehicle, you’ll be ready to change tires and clear away storm debris blocking your route. It’s not easy to find heavy duty gloves for kids, but gardening gloves are better than nothing.
In the aftermath of a storm or other disaster, well-protected hands will be important for putting life back to normal again.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Battle of the Mini Survival Kits: Which one is best? - November 22, 2017
- Just in time for the holidays: Homemade 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls - November 20, 2017
- Make Your Own Winter Survival Food Kit - November 15, 2017
- The Grand Luci Light Giveaway! - November 13, 2017
- Don’t Just “Fall Back” This Month! Get Prepped for the Winter! - November 11, 2017