The photos from the horrific Joplin tornadoes were bad enough, but in some of them, I saw families digging through rubble with their bare hands. Now, I don’t know about you, but even a single splinter will ruin my day. Another must-have for your emergency kits are heavy duty gloves, more than one pair. If you keep a pair or two in each vehicle, you’ll be ready to change tires and clear away storm debris blocking your route. It’s not easy to find heavy duty gloves for kids, but gardening gloves are better than nothing.
In the aftermath of a storm or other disaster, well-protected hands will be important for putting life back to normal again.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Where There Is No School: How to continue your child’s education post-disaster–GIVEAWAY! - September 20, 2017
- The #1 Item Every Bug Out Bag Should Contain — But Probably Doesn’t - September 15, 2017
- 7 Delicious Things To Do With Cherries - September 11, 2017
- 11 Last Minute, Last Ditch Evacuation Locations - September 9, 2017
- 20 Slightly Unusual Items for Stocking Up - September 8, 2017