INSTANT SURVIVAL TIP: Go Solar for More Self-Sufficiency
Solar energy is a huge trend right now. Not only does the federal government give tax credits for installing solar power systems on homes, but many local energy companies are handing out rebates. Although the cost has come down and efficiency has gone up, the upfront costs are quite high. On the other hand, using solar energy decreases our dependence on electric and gas and increases our self-sufficiency.
I found two great articles today over at solarhome.org and AlternatePower.org, which detail the advantages and disadvantages of switching over to solar power. Most preppers and survival minded people desire to be as self-sufficient as possible and going solar is a great way to achieve that goal.
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.© Copyright 2009 The Survival Mom, All rights Reserved. Written For: The Survival Mom
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why Normal People Shy Away From the Prepper World - February 26, 2015
- 38 Principles of Self-Sufficiency - February 25, 2015
- Free Webinar! Keep your home sparkling with DIY Cleaners! - February 23, 2015
- Strategic Relocation: ur doin it rong - February 22, 2015
- The 3 Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why — Important Update - February 19, 2015