One of my readers contacted me to let me know that she has given up smoking as a way to prep. She said, “I have my weak moments like anyone, but I laugh through my tears, cause I’m in control!” All her preparedness related activities are keeping her mind and hands busy.
If you or someone you love wants to stop smoking, here are some huge motivators:
- One package of cigarettes costs around $6. One month’s worth and you’re talking some pretty serious prepping money, almost enough to buy a Sun Oven or a Berkey.
- In the future, health care may become very expensive and possibly scarce. As a smoker, you might have to just suffer with all those smoker-related ailments and disease.
- Stop smoking now, while you have access to lots of support systems.
- It’s hard to lay low if you and all your surroundings smell like cigarettes. I’ve heard zombies can smell cigarette smoke for miles around.
- As a non-smoker, your stamina will improve, allowing you to walk further, run faster, and have more energy to get things done.
It’s far, far better to face an uncertain future with the healthiest body possible. Trust me, in a collapse or other worst case scenario, you will stop smoking, cold turkey. Do the hard thing now, or do the much harder thing later.
Have you stopped smoking? Share your inspirational story in the comments section.
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- A Survival Guy’s First Steps to Preparedness - February 8, 2016
- Survival Bartering: The Pros and Cons - February 7, 2016
- The Quick Start Guide for Getting Prepared - February 2, 2016
- 23 Must-Have Kitchen Items for Any Survivalist or Prepper - January 31, 2016
- Safeguard Your Income With a Financial Back-Up Plan - January 29, 2016