One of my readers contacted me to let me know that she has given up smoking as a way to prep. She said, “I have my weak moments like anyone, but I laugh through my tears, cause I’m in control!” All her preparedness related activities are keeping her mind and hands busy.
If you or someone you love wants to stop smoking, here are some huge motivators:
- One package of cigarettes costs around $6. One month’s worth and you’re talking some pretty serious prepping money, almost enough to buy a Sun Oven or a Berkey.
- In the future, health care may become very expensive and possibly scarce. As a smoker, you might have to just suffer with all those smoker-related ailments and disease.
- Stop smoking now, while you have access to lots of support systems.
- It’s hard to lay low if you and all your surroundings smell like cigarettes. I’ve heard zombies can smell cigarette smoke for miles around.
- As a non-smoker, your stamina will improve, allowing you to walk further, run faster, and have more energy to get things done.
It’s far, far better to face an uncertain future with the healthiest body possible. Trust me, in a collapse or other worst case scenario, you will stop smoking, cold turkey. Do the hard thing now, or do the much harder thing later.
Have you stopped smoking? Share your inspirational story in the comments section.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Here’s the Skinny On Saving Seeds - August 15, 2017
- Getting Started With Solar Cooking - August 7, 2017
- 3 Simple Tips to Help Kids Stay Cool in Back-to-School Weather - July 31, 2017
- Hot Enough For Ya? 17 Tips For Staying Cool When It’s Hotter Than Hell Outside - July 29, 2017
- My Story: Improving My Vision to Improve My Survival Odds - July 25, 2017