Take a look at your feet. Right now. What type of shoes, if any, are you wearing? If you had to, could you run for your life wearing whatever is, or isn’t, on your feet? If you’re like me, your answer is, “No!” One of my life mottoes has been, “It hurts to be beautiful,” and boy, have I applied that to footwear, with a vengeance! One season when espadrilles were the hottest thing in the shoe department, I wore those canvas suckers until I had blisters up and down both feet! So, yes, I know what it is to be a slave to fashion.
Now that I’m older, a LOT older actually (I have a big birthday coming up very soon), I have come to terms with comfortable shoes. Not only are they my destiny, but it’s possible that someday my life could depend on my choice of footwear. It’s for that reason that I recently stuffed a pair of tennies under the back seat of the Tahoe. I still like to wear cute shoes, and if they have some heel to make me look taller, so much the better. But, being TheSurvivalMom, I’ve wondered if I could hoof it a few miles to a gas station in my favorite flip-flops or bejeweled sandals. Truth is, I couldn’t. Nor would I be able to run from attackers or a wildfire. Comfy shoes and a pair of socks are easy to acquire, small enough to stuff just about anywhere in a vehicle, and just might be a life saver someday. Put this on your To Do list this week!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- How to survive a boil notice - February 19, 2018
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover - February 15, 2018
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer - January 23, 2018
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should! - January 16, 2018
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2018