If your family is facing a tough economic future due to a job loss, have you ever thought of paying ahead on your utility bills? By adding extra money to your payments for water and power is like money in the bank should your income experience a serious decline. Even $20 extra each month helps build up a credit balance. With winter on the horizon, now would be a good time to start this practice, which is essentially setting money ahead of time to pay for heating bills. I’ve done this, and it’s a good feeling to see a credit on my power bill each month. If you’re struggling to pay utilities, you’re near to rock bottom. When the extra funds are there, this is a good way to help insure your family’s well-being if/when hard times hit.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Battle of the Mini Survival Kits: Which one is best? - November 22, 2017
- Just in time for the holidays: Homemade 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls - November 20, 2017
- Make Your Own Winter Survival Food Kit - November 15, 2017
- The Grand Luci Light Giveaway! - November 13, 2017
- Don’t Just “Fall Back” This Month! Get Prepped for the Winter! - November 11, 2017