I have been a proud, card-carrying member of The Great Conspicuous Consumption Club for quite a few years. A lesson from the Great Depression has helped change my perspective. It’s easy to remember.
Use it up.
Wear it out.
Make it do or
This was a fashionable motto just 80 years ago, and now, many of us are beginning to think this way again. Adjusting your mindset to the wisdom in this little rhyme could free up a good portion of money each month to help you with your food storage and other preparedness goals. I’m glad this bit of wisdom from our great-grandparents didn’t go the way of the flour-sack dress!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Battle of the Mini Survival Kits: Which one is best? - November 22, 2017
- Just in time for the holidays: Homemade 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls - November 20, 2017
- Make Your Own Winter Survival Food Kit - November 15, 2017
- The Grand Luci Light Giveaway! - November 13, 2017
- Don’t Just “Fall Back” This Month! Get Prepped for the Winter! - November 11, 2017