Recently, I bought an E-Cloth after learning how it could help keep my house more sanitary. It’s a pretty amazing invention, a microfiber towel that has been proven to remove 99% of bacteria from hard surfaces using only water. It’s been great using it in the kitchen, but I think it’s also something worth packing in Bug Out Bags (B.O.B.).
First, there is no need to also pack cleaning solutions and chemicals. As long as you have access to water, the E-Cloth’s impressive bacteria-killing properties go to work.
Second, the E-Cloth saves money on the purchase of cleaning products, and the E-Cloth itself lasts for 300 washings!
Third, you never know where you’ll be when you pull out that Bug Out Bag. It’s likely that sanitation won’t be the primary concern, and yet you’ll want to protect your family from exposure to invisible bacteria. You’ll be able to clean surfaces at campgrounds and even FEMA shelters!
There is a surprisingly large array of E-Cloths, including one for the bathroom. Keep one with your vehicle’s First Aid Kit, Bug Out Bags, and yes, one in the kitchen and bath!
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- The Quick Start Guide for Getting Prepared - February 2, 2016
- 23 Must-Have Kitchen Items for Any Survivalist or Prepper - January 31, 2016
- Safeguard Your Income With a Financial Back-Up Plan - January 29, 2016
- Do You Have the Skills to Survive a Depression? - January 27, 2016
- Could Leaving the U.S be the Ultimate Prep — and Do You Have What it Takes? - January 24, 2016