Recently, I bought an E-Cloth after learning how it could help keep my house more sanitary. It’s a pretty amazing invention, a microfiber towel that has been proven to remove 99% of bacteria from hard surfaces using only water. It’s been great using it in the kitchen, but I think it’s also something worth packing in Bug Out Bags (B.O.B.).
First, there is no need to also pack cleaning solutions and chemicals. As long as you have access to water, the E-Cloth’s impressive bacteria-killing properties go to work.
Second, the E-Cloth saves money on the purchase of cleaning products, and the E-Cloth itself lasts for 300 washings!
Third, you never know where you’ll be when you pull out that Bug Out Bag. It’s likely that sanitation won’t be the primary concern, and yet you’ll want to protect your family from exposure to invisible bacteria. You’ll be able to clean surfaces at campgrounds and even FEMA shelters!
There is a surprisingly large array of E-Cloths, including one for the bathroom. Keep one with your vehicle’s First Aid Kit, Bug Out Bags, and yes, one in the kitchen and bath!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Do’s & Don’ts for comforting someone who has just lost everything - September 23, 2017
- Where There Is No School: How to continue your child’s education post-disaster–GIVEAWAY! - September 20, 2017
- The #1 Item Every Bug Out Bag Should Contain — But Probably Doesn’t - September 15, 2017
- 7 Delicious Things To Do With Cherries - September 11, 2017
- 11 Last Minute, Last Ditch Evacuation Locations - September 9, 2017