Earlier today I sent this information to my newsletter subscribers but then decided it was too important to not share with my blog readers.
Have you seen the shocking photos and stories of the catastrophic EPA-caused river contamination? Earlier this month the EPA spilled millions of gallons of toxic waste into a river in Colorado. Wells and municipal water systems along the Animus River were being tested for possible contamination, and that water continues flowing into New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona. Soon it will reach Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon.
This is just another reminder of how vulnerable our water supply is and how inept big government entities can be, all the while assuring us they are looking out for our own good. Natural disasters, industrial and government accidents, and even terrorists attacks can compromise our drinking water. Do you know what to do if your water supply becomes contaminated during an emergency?
Over the past couple of years I have worked with Glenn Meder of Survival Still to spread the word of water safety and how to insure our families have clean drinking water in any survival situation. Glenn has just started the launch of a new training program that will be available next week, the week of August 24. This program teaches the basic knowledge everyone should have about safe drinking water in an emergency. It is a one-of-a-kind training. Nothing like it is available anywhere.
In preparation for the big launch next week (you can’t even register for this training yet), we have prepared a video training series as a free gift to you.
Go check it out right now. You’ll learn basic information that everyone needs to know in an emergency, including what your No. 1 priority will be. After you’ve watched the video, let me know what you think and what you’ve learned.
Also, keep in mind that other people should see this training video too. What happens if you are separated from your family in an emergency? They need to know this information in case you aren’t around. Teachers need to know this info as do people in your church. Go ahead and share this FREE video with them.
If you haven’t yet signed up for my weekly newsletter update, you can do that here to make sure you receive notices of additional water safety videos.
Again, here’s the link to the video. You’ll be asked for your email and first name, so you’ll continue receiving notices of future videos related to water safety, all free. As well, you’ll get information about a website that is devoted entirely to water safety, with more videos and resources.
More resources for water purification
- Big Berkey Water Filtration System — dependable brand, recommended
- Katadyn Gravity Water Filter — 1 to 6 persons
- Lifestraw Personal Water Filter — inexpensive and lightweight
- The Prepper’s Water Survival Guide by Daisy Luther
- Sawyer Complete Water Filtration Kit — one of the best brands
- Sawyer Mini Water Filter — a good size for emergency kits. I keep one in my suitcase for family travel.
- Survival Mom: How to Prepare Your Family for Everyday Disasters and Worst Case Scenarios by Lisa Bedford
- Survival Still – a water distillation kit
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Battle of the Mini Survival Kits: Which one is best? - November 22, 2017
- Just in time for the holidays: Homemade 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls - November 20, 2017
- Make Your Own Winter Survival Food Kit - November 15, 2017
- The Grand Luci Light Giveaway! - November 13, 2017
- Don’t Just “Fall Back” This Month! Get Prepped for the Winter! - November 11, 2017