How Basic Can You Get? List #3
For beginning preppers, here are more simple ideas for getting started. Experienced preppers might even find a few useful reminders!
- Shop ethnic stores for basics like varieties of rice and beans. A grocery store in my area is advertising 5 bags of elbow macaroni for $1 and cans of shelf-stable table cream for just 79 cents!
- Make an appointment for a physical for everyone in the family over the age of 18. Health care will be more expensive and less accessible in a collapse scenario, so deal with health issues now.
- On a related note, start getting in shape. I’ve taken this advice and have lost 40 pounds, and so can you! A physically fit body at a normal weight will be less inclined toward dozens of health issues. It also makes survival and preparedness a whole lot easier.
- Identify your top 3 events to prepare for by answering these questions:
- What is the most likely natural disaster in your area?
- What is the most likely extreme weather event that might affect you?
- What is the most likely personal or man-made crisis that would affect you? Examples: long-term unemployment, hyperinflation, civil unrest.
- Finally, prioritize these in the order they are most likely to happen and you will immediately have a focus for your preparedness.
- Set a goal to live off your stored food for 3 days. This exercise will give you an idea of what foods work, what recipes work, and what still needs to be done in order to keep your family happy and nutritiously fed in a crisis.
- Buy at least 10 pre-1965 quarters each month. You can purchase these on eBay and at local coin stores. These quarters are 90% silver and this is an easy way to begin stocking up on silver as a way to preserve your buying power should the dollar and our financial system collapse.
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.© Copyright 2012 The Survival Mom, All rights Reserved. Written For: The Survival Mom
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Home Canning And Preserving GIVEAWAY! - July 1, 2014
- REVIEW: Green coffee beans – The Perfect Cuppa Joe Today and Long-Term Storage Tomorrow - July 1, 2014
- 17 Things to Do with Tomatoes - June 29, 2014
(38) Readers Comments
No Banner to display