If you have a baby in the family, or extended family, here is a list of essentials to keep in mind as you stock up on basic supplies.
- Formula, cereal and baby food. Make sure to have enough for at least three days. Just remember to have an equivalent water supply to be able to make the formula and cereal. Also, make sure to have extra water to wash bottles, spoons and bowls. Or have several clean bottles put back that you do not use except in case of an emergency. Don’t forget extra bibs and burp cloths!
- EXTRA pacifiers! What would happen if you misplaced your baby’s favorite pacifier? I know mine would not be a happy camper! That is the last thing you need when there is an emergency.
- Extra blankets, coats and hats. A baby cannot maintain their body heat like adults, so they need to be bundled up with at least one more layer that adults would be wearing.
- Extra changes of clothes. As all of you with babies know, you can go through several changes of clothes a day. Figure on having at least three changes of clothes per day for your emergency kits. Don’t forget socks!
- Toys. No child, not even babies, likes to be bored. Make sure they have some sort of toys available appropriate for their age range.
- Medicine. Always keep at least one extra bottle of children’s Tylenol, gas drops, and diaper rash cream on hand. If your baby is teething, an extra tube of Orajel helps soothe a baby as well.
- Diaper and wipes. Make sure you have enough diapers and wipes on hand for at least 72 hours or more at all times. Or, if you still have water or a water supply, it might be a good idea to have a pack of cloth diapers that can be reused. Just don’t forget the pins and waterproof pants.
- Extra batteries. For a while, my baby would only sleep in her swing at night. We ran through batteries like crazy!! Have several extra sets available for your child’s favorite toys and swings.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Just in time for the holidays: Homemade 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls - November 20, 2017
- Make Your Own Winter Survival Food Kit - November 15, 2017
- The Grand Luci Light Giveaway! - November 13, 2017
- Don’t Just “Fall Back” This Month! Get Prepped for the Winter! - November 11, 2017
- 13 Creative & Clever Uses for My Favorite Solar Lantern - November 10, 2017