When one things of food storage/survival food cooking, Pound Cake doesn’t exactly come to mind! However, a sweet treat is welcome at any time and if it’s also a comfort food, then having the ingredients on hand is important.
Here is a recipe from the kitchens of Augason Farms for Pound Cake, showing how you can use food storage ingredients in your everyday cooking.
1 1/2 cups Augason Farms Butter Powder mixed with 1 cup water
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
3 cups Augason Farms White Granulated Sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups cake flour
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10” tube pan or two small loaf pans.
2. Cream together the butter mixture, cream cheese, and sugar until light. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Add the flour and the eggs alternately, beginning and ending with the flour. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake at 325°F for one hour and 15 minutes for tube pan, 55 minutes for loaf pans, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Three Layers of 72 Hour Preparedness - December 17, 2017
- 20 All-Natural Recipes For the Cold & Flu Season - December 8, 2017
- Prepper to Prepper: Why did you begin prepping? - December 6, 2017
- Skill-Based Gift Ideas to Suit Every Survival Kid - November 29, 2017
- 2017 Survival Mom Gift Guide - November 26, 2017