This creative prepper, a single guy, ladies!, has come up with an ingenious method for packing food and other supplies in a cardboard box, using every extra nook and cranny.
He had noticed all the empty space around the 6 #10 cans that come packed together in a box and decided to put that space to good use.
Here is a video showing just how he did it. You’ll find more details below the video.
And here are his How-To notes:
I wanted to have room to put a few other items in the box, along with the big cans. At first I mylar packed a lot of mac n cheese which is an easy to cook meal but I did not package them into the shape needed in order to properly fit in the center row in between the cans. I mention mac n cheese as a backpacker because it is one of my favorite meals. It is cheap, easy to cook quickly, has lots of carbs and will fill one person or give two people enough energy to go on for a while.
I decided to mylar package everything except the tooth for a few basic reasons:
- To protect the enclosed item from other items should the others items packaging break
- To protect other items from this item should its package break like in the case of fuel tablet, lighters etc
- All food was mylar packaged for long term storage and to protect it from exposure to air, moisture, and cross contamination
- To prevent bugs and other critters from easily being able to infiltrate or smell the items.
Notes on individual packets
Chicken or Turkey Gravies – One either per case but not both.
I add a variety of gravies and seasonings in an effort to switch out flavors, so that there was beef seasoning of some type, a poultry gravy (chicken or turkey) and side gravy (brown or mushroom) in each case.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 20 All-Natural Recipes For the Cold & Flu Season - December 8, 2017
- Prepper to Prepper: Why did you begin prepping? - December 6, 2017
- Skill-Based Gift Ideas to Suit Every Survival Kid - November 29, 2017
- 2017 Survival Mom Gift Guide - November 26, 2017
- Battle of the Mini Survival Kits: Which one is best? - November 22, 2017