Makes 16 to 20 biscuits
Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add water, mix well.
Knead lightly and roll out to 1-inch thickness. (You can roll them out right on the cookie sheet*) Cut into rounds.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Brush tops with butter or olive oil.
OR freeze, unbaked, on a cookie sheet. When frozen solid, place in a freezer bag to store. When ready to use, place frozen biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 425 for 15-17 minutes or until tops are golden.
*use parchment paper or grease cookie sheet prior to rolling out and cutting if you plan to bake them fresh.
Time saving tip: Make a large batch of the mix and store in airtight container. Then you can just pull out 6 cups to 1 ¾ c water, or any amount you need. Add water, shape and bake.
Sausage Gravy Mix
Put all ingredients in gallon zip lock bag, mix thoroughly.
To Make Sausage Gravy:
½ cup Thrive Life freeze dried Sausage, soaked in 1 cup warm water for 5 minutes
In sauce pan, whisk together 1 cup mix and 2 cups water in saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is
thickened. Add Sausage, along with the liquid and simmer for another minute or two. You may want to add more water to get the right consistency for your family. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes a little over two 2 1/2 cups. Serve over biscuits or toast.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Just in time for the holidays: Homemade 100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls - November 20, 2017
- Make Your Own Winter Survival Food Kit - November 15, 2017
- The Grand Luci Light Giveaway! - November 13, 2017
- Don’t Just “Fall Back” This Month! Get Prepped for the Winter! - November 11, 2017
- 13 Creative & Clever Uses for My Favorite Solar Lantern - November 10, 2017