I’ve been fascinated by the concept of safe rooms ever since I saw the Jodie Foster movie, “Panic Room,’ but alas, every room in my home as a window, and a BIG window at that. So, you can imagine how delighted I was to discover official FEMA blueprints for creating my own safe room! There are plenty of steps I can take, in spite of having those vulnerable windows. Check out the blueprints here. FEMA’s focus is protection from severe storms and natural disasters, but a safe room is also safe from bad guys.
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.© Copyright 2011 The Survival Mom, All rights Reserved. Written For: The Survival Mom
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 1, 2015
- 10 Tips For Bugging Out to the Country - June 27, 2015
- Food Storage Can Sizes: When to go big, when to go small - June 26, 2015
- Just in time shipping and your family’s survival - June 19, 2015
- 21 Ways to Use a DeLorme Atlas to Plan Emergency Evacuations - June 18, 2015