Sometimes I forget how handy the dollar store can be when I want to stock up on certain items. Recently I found inexpensive can openers, candles, laundry soap, and canned food at the Dollar Tree near my house. It’s also where I buy inexpensive office supplies.
Take a look at what is on your list of things To Buy (my 3 List strategy), and take the list with you to your nearest dollar store. Just ten bucks can fill up a shopping bag with some great stuff for your stash.
Make a point to visit your dollar store every week or every other week, whichever fits your schedule and budget. Stay focused on what you really need and don’t become distracted by the fun stuff! Spend your money wisely and the dollar store can become your new best prepping friend!
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.© Copyright 2013 The Survival Mom, All rights Reserved. Written For: The Survival Mom
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Are your kids equipped to handle these 7 scary scenarios? - November 20, 2015
- How to Make a Faraday cage - November 6, 2015
- November Skill of the Month: DIY Prepper Projects - November 5, 2015
- LIGHTS OUT by Ted Koppel — Giveaway! - November 2, 2015
- Post-EMP Survival: What If You Can’t Get Home? - November 1, 2015