Spring is here in Florida and I am amazed at the amount of sorrel growing along the highways. There is far more sorrel than a single survivor could forage!
If you have never tasted sorrel, you will find that it is sour but not unpleasant. I think of it as snack food for the trail – kind of a wild edible that you munch on while walking or working. It contains Vitamin C and should be eaten in small portions, as large quantities can block the body’s absorption of calcium. Sorrel is great in salads and can add a spicy/sour flavor to soups. It can also be steeped into a tea that is good with honey.
Has anyone used sorrel in recipes?
Latest posts by John A. Heatherly (see all)
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box - January 30, 2018
- Water Purifier Comparison: The Sawyer Point ZeroTWO and The Berkeys - July 26, 2014
- Training Kids To Be Resilient - July 24, 2014
- Build a DIY Smoker & Make Your Own Jerky - June 21, 2014
- INSTANT SURVIVAL TIP: Dollar Store Beans and Rice - June 3, 2014