8 Compelling Reasons to Store Food
- Food storage is a form of insurance. You buy it now in case you need it in the future.
- It’s great to have a stocked pantry and stored food for those times when all you need is a can of chicken broth or you’ve run out of cereal and don’t want to go to the store.
- Food prices may never be cheaper than they are right now.
- Many foods have super-long shelf lives of ten years or more. You are literally grocery shopping for the future at today’s prices.
- Weather emergencies, natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and yes, the end of the world as we know it can all disrupt our country’s food supply lines. Read more about ‘just in time’ shipping here to get a better idea of how this can unfold.
- Family crises can happen at any time. A job loss, a sick parent unable to work, reduction in income for any reason can place a lot of pressure on a family’s budget. Several weeks or months worth of food and supplies could make a tough time a little easier.
- You’re able to give something tangible to someone in need. It’s a great feeling to gather together a few bags of groceries and deliver them to a desperate family.
- It’s simple common sense. We save money for a rainy day, why not something more tangible?
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.© Copyright 2010 The Survival Mom, All rights Reserved. Written For: The Survival Mom
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- The Survival Mom Radio Network Signs Off - November 20, 2014
- Here’s a honey of a post! 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but should! - November 17, 2014
- 5 Tips for Correctly Using Hand Sanitizer (From a Nurse Who Knows) - October 31, 2014