Ham Radio. Dehydrating. Camping. Gardening. Canning. Organizing everything. Does the list of things to learn never end?!?! Well, no, not really, but there is no need to be totally overwhelmed.
It’s not possible to learn everything at once, at least not outside of a sci-fi movie. That’s where the Survival Mom Skill of the Month comes in! It’s actually something I’ve had for several years, so there are quite a few skills you can browse through to get a jump-start on your preparedness.
In 2015, I restarted the Skill of the Month. There are 12 different skills coming, one for every month (clever, right?), that are designed so that everyone from newbie to experienced prepper can hopefully find something to help them on their path. They are laid out to try to fit in with the seasons, which is why canning is in the summer when gardens are producing lots, but they can be tried any time at all.
There are also mini-guides, webinars, and more to go along with these new skills, which will coming soon to this page. Indented posts go into more detail than the main monthly skill post. Remember: we will keep adding to these with more materials, so make sure to check back!
Jump right in! To paraphrase Alan Jackson, “It’s January somewhere!”
March: Learn a new Handicraft
April: Gardening Skills
May: Evacuation Plans
June: Off-Grid Skills
Canning is so awesome that there is actually an entire section on this site devoted to it. Under the “Food and Healthy Living” tab, select “Stocking Up” and it’s the first item.
September: Primitive Camping
October: Get your HAM Radio License
November: DIY Prepper Projects
December: Illuminating Your Options on Light Sources Coming soon!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Food Storage Smarts: Stock Up On Meal Stretchers - September 28, 2016
- Quick! Grab my newest book, 99 cents! - September 26, 2016
- 20+ Foods that must be re-packaged for long-term storage and how to repackage them - September 26, 2016
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year! - September 24, 2016
- 21 Things to Look For Every Time You Go To a Yard Sale or Thrift Store - September 22, 2016