Have you gone off the prepper deep end?
Here’s yet another entry in my List of Lists contest and a humorous one, to boot. Thanks Ranger Squirrel for submitting this entry! He has much more to offer at his blog, Ranger Squirrel.
I’ve been hanging out with my prepper friends, and I do count them as friends, in the Preppers chatroom a lot lately. I find them to be both great resources for info and just pleasant people in general. Quite a cast of characters, really.
Once in a while, someone even newer than me will ask, “How do you know when you’ve gone too far with your preps?” The answer they’re given is usually something akin to, “When your prepping starts interfering with your ability to live/enjoy the life you’re trying to protect, you probably need to think about your priorities.” That’s true, but it’s also not very funny. So, I decided to come up with a list of 10 tell-tale signs you’ve gone off the prepper deep-end.
You’ve gone off the prepper deep-end when…
- You start thinking about building a wind power system and seriously consider taking the effects of frequent overflights of unmarked black helicopters into your wind calculations.
- You put your Food Saver bags into a Food Saver bag and vacuum seal them between uses. Or…you know firsthand that fresh eggs will crack if you try to vacuum seal them. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
- You seriously consider selling ANY body part for ANY prepping related purpose.
- Your wife/husband leaves you and you insist they take their bugout bag with them.
- You actually pronounce the words TEOTWAWKI and SHTF in your every day speech.
- You consider the neighbors to be a long-term food option.
- You love your grain mill more than you love your children.
- You have put any part of your sex life on a rotation schedule.
- Someone tells you they had a toilet backup once and your first thought is “Big deal. Lots of people have two toilets.”
- The process you go through when planning a party involves the words inventory or rehydrate.
Anyway, those are mine. What do you have to add?
© 2010, thesurvivalmom. All rights reserved.