Peanut butter is packed with nutrients.
It has an incredibly long shelf life, even when opened.
Peanut butter is a great addition to any bug out bag or emergency kit.
Peanut butter is a necessary ingredient in many recipes, both sweet and savory.
It is a high calorie food, providing plenty of energy.
It’s one of those stick-to-your-ribs foods.
Peanut butter is an ideal spread for sandwiches and can be combined with jelly, jam, bananas, apples, and anything else that sounds good!
Peanut butter is high in plant protein.
It comes in crunchy, super crunchy and other varieties, so everyone in the family gets their favorite version.
All you really need to enjoy peanut butter is a spoon.
It comes in package sizes ranging from individual packets to family-sized buckets. Each has its place in your food storage pantry.
Peanut butter is rich in folate, which is a necessary nutrient for pregnant women.
“All Natural” peanut butter is available and doesn’t contain trans fat.
Spread a bit on a pine cone, and you can feed hungry birds during the winter.
Powdered peanut butter is a good option if you want to avoid the oils in peanut butter but want the flavor for recipes.
Resources for recipes and more info:
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 15 Survival Adventures Every Prepper Should Read - March 15, 2017
- Cold Weather Survival: Survive in a Stranded Car - February 22, 2017
- Do You Know How to Clean Up a Biological Mess? - February 6, 2017
- Top 10 Food Storage Myths - January 31, 2017
- Back to Basics Bundle: 70 Ebooks, Online Courses, and More! - January 17, 2017