Guest post by Heidi. This list was a finalist in our list contest. The judges loved her creative recipe titles!
One of your back-up cooking methods should be a solar cooker. You can make your own (plenty of directions online) or take a look at the sturdy, but more expensive, Sun Oven.
5. Crab All the Food At the Grocery Store
**Skip the frying pan and put some oil in your dish and lay the Crab cakes in it. Then put in Solar Cooker until hot and heated or spread in a dish and use as a dip.
6. Did Grandma REALLY Eat Chicken Foot Soup?
**Recipe is in second paragraph
7. Dark Disaster Dream Bars
**Cook in Solar Cooker until it looks done, moist but not too jiggly.
10. TVP (The Vegetarian Penne)
**Substite the beef with TVP if desired.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- How to survive a boil notice - February 19, 2018
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover - February 15, 2018
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer - January 23, 2018
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should! - January 16, 2018
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2018