Guest post by Heidi. This list was a finalist in our list contest. The judges loved her creative recipe titles!
One of your back-up cooking methods should be a solar cooker. You can make your own (plenty of directions online) or take a look at the sturdy, but more expensive, Sun Oven.
5. Crab All the Food At the Grocery Store
**Skip the frying pan and put some oil in your dish and lay the Crab cakes in it. Then put in Solar Cooker until hot and heated or spread in a dish and use as a dip.
6. Did Grandma REALLY Eat Chicken Foot Soup?
**Recipe is in second paragraph
7. Dark Disaster Dream Bars
**Cook in Solar Cooker until it looks done, moist but not too jiggly.
10. TVP (The Vegetarian Penne)
**Substite the beef with TVP if desired.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Prepper to Prepper: Basic Food Storage Advice - October 9, 2017
- Don’t Freeze to Death in Your Own Home? Learn How to Live in Just One Room - October 6, 2017
- Pure Water, No Matter What: A Review of Berkey Water Filters - September 26, 2017
- Many Streams Make a Mighty Fine Income - September 25, 2017
- Do’s & Don’ts for comforting someone who has just lost everything - September 23, 2017